7 Places to Take Classes Online
One of my favorite things about the internet is the amount of knowledge that’s being shared. You can learn essentially anything you’ve ever dreamed of in the comforts of your own home, all for a more affordable rate than most universities. So grab your sweatpants, computer and a notebook, and learn something new today with any one of these seven places to take classes online:
1. Creativebug— art & craft video classes by expert makers. Can access on desktop or through their mobile app. Membership gets you unlimited viewing of classes and is $9.95/mo with a free two week trial.
2. Coursera— classes from top universities that you can do for fun, specialization, or certification. Learn law, medicine, business, etc from professors at Yale, Stanford, Johns Hopkins and more. Membership is $0 (that’s right, free!).
3. Skillshare— creative classes you can watch on your own time. You can also engage and collaborate with other students in your class. Membership ranges from $0-$10 a month.
4. Treehouse— Video classes that focus on web design, coding, business and more. Practice your skills through quizzes and challenges to earn badges and connect with other students in the class. Membership ranges from $25-$50 a month.
5. Atly— Classes that range from business to food, to photography to language and more. Can upgrade account for instructor feedback to help you improve your skills. Enrollment fee varies by class.
6. Udemy— Largest online learning marketplace with a huge catalog of classes (22,000+) on almost any topic. Can even take courses in different languages. Enrollment fee varies by class.
7. Craftsy— creative classes in knitting, quilting, cooking, arts, and more. You can also shop the supplies and pattern section to get the materials for your classes. Enrollment fee varies by class.
*Have you tried any of these platforms out? Know of any others?