Goals and Plans for 2015
(These free #GIRLBOSS printables are sure you inspire you year round!)
Although it’s been hard adjusting to work again, I must say that this is one of my favorite times of the year. It’s the time when you can dream big and make goals and lists without feeling silly or discouraged. There’s sort of a buzz that makes it seem like you can tackle anything (and that this will be the best year ever, of course).
To keep myself in check, I though I’d share a few goals I have for the year with you, as well as a bit of insight as to where I’d like to take this blog.
1. Host more workshops. I love creating tutorials for this blog, but I what I really love is creating with other people. While I have a few workshops lined up already (heads up Austin + anyone going to Craftcation), I’d still like to book a few more. Drop me a note in the comments if you’d like me to come to your city! Also Portland crafters, we should get together more. I’m coming up with something though, don’t you worry!
2. Focused Content. For the most part, I’ve been creating content for this blog on a whim, not sticking strictly to any rules aside from what I planned in Google Calendar. I’d like to make the content a bit more focused by starting specific columns. There will, of course, always be the original DIY column, but so much more. Last year was my first year as a full time blogger and I learned a lot. I’m hoping to share all that insight and more, but on a reoccurring basis, not just a post here and there.
3. Take More Walks. So this isn’t blog specific, but is totally necessary. Since I work from home, there are days that I don’t even leave the house. It gets gross over here I tell ya. I plan on taking a walk each day to clear my mind, breathe some fresh air, and disconnect from the internet for at least 10 minutes.
4. Get in Front of Camera. My guess is that if you saw me in public that there would be a slim chance you’d recognize me. My hands, maybe! But me, maybe not so much. The truth is that I kind of hate it. I mean, who actually likes getting their picture taken? But, I’m going to roll with it this year and try not to be so critical. Because at the end of the day, if you do see me in public, I’d love for you to say hello.
5. Work Life Balance. I guess this one ties into goal #3. Recently, I’ve been working 6.5 days a week and nearing 70+ hours on a regular basis. And even though there’s always a ton to do, I need to work smarter. Or at least let go of a few things here and there to save my sanity. Who knows, maybe I’ll start to take a weekend off once a month. Either way, I’m a firm believer that resetting is a good thing. Now all I need is to actually stick to it.
6. Expand my Brand. I’m hoping to do something big that will expand my brand beyond this blog. Lists have been made, dreams have been dreamt, now it’s all about execution.
Whew! Okay, now it’s your turn! What do you hope to accomplish this year?