1. Washi Tape – of course this decorative tape is perfect for scrapbooking and gift wrapping. I also love using it for taping off lines in painting projects on recently painted surfaces.
2. Decoupage – just the coolest stuff! You can get it for a variety of surfaces (think fabric mod podge) or just a general multi-surface one. I personally love the multi-surface one from Martha Stewart because it dries clear and can be used on indoor/outdoor items. It’s also dishwasher safe (on the top rack). Here’s a decoupage project you might like. You can also use it to make glitter shoes!
3. Gel Medium – the primary function of gel medium is to broaden the technical capabilities and results of acrylic paints, however it can also be used as an adhesive. The consistency is thick so you can layer it to create depth or just use it for making collages (because of the strong hold). One of the more common uses is for diy image transfers.
4. E-6000 Glue – my go-to glue! Works on a variety of surfaces and is permanent. Think of it as a really amazing super glue.
5. Tacky Glue – tacks faster than most glues and can be easily cleaned. Usable on a variety of surfaces, but ideal for paper projects.
6. Hot Glue Gun – great and fast drying! Just be careful to avoid burns.
7. Easy Tack Spray Adhesive – perfect for using when stenciling (holds stencil down but is also repositionable). I’ve also heard that this works great for re-sticking your die machine mats, but haven’t tried it for myself.
8. Fabric Fusion – If you don’t have a sewing machine, this is the glue you want to use for those no-sew projects. Fabric will also be machine washable once glue is dry.
9. Wood Glue – super strong bond and the ideal adhesive to use when glueing two or more pieces of wood to one another.
*I’d love to know, what are some adhesives you can’t live without? Anything I left off the list?