10 DIY Chair Makeovers
Lately I’ve been toying with the idea of giving a few rooms in our apartment a makeover. I suppose it’s because we have yet to really get our home in that place where I feel satisfied with the decor. Though I’m beginning to think that feeling doesn’t exist (someone please tell me that it does!). One thing that I’m finding with all my research, aka endlessly browsing Pinterest, is that a good and fashionable chair tends to be way over budget, at least for what I’m looking to spend.
Another finding is that it’s completely possible to makeover a basic chair with a few simple DIY methods. There are so many ways to turn a boring piece of furniture into a quality statement piece for your home, that I just had to roundup a few of my favorites. Here are ten diy chair makeovers I fell in love with:
1. Painted Chair Makeover by Sugar & Cloth
2. Mod Podge Chair Makeover by Emily Henderson
3. Recovered Mid Century Chair by Hello Lidy
4. Cross Stitch Chair by My Poppet
5. School Chair Makeover by Dream a Little Bigger
6. Vinyl Chair Makeover by A Beautiful Mess
7. Striped Mid Century Chair by Lovely Indeed
8. Neon Ombre Chairs by I Spy DIY
9. Peacock Chair Makeover by Design Love Fest
10. Fabric Decoupage Chair by Little Green Notebook
So what do you think? To buy or to DIY? If you’ve ever given a chair a makeover, I’d love to hear about it in the comments!