10 Motivational Books to Read ASAP
It’s been two months since we’ve all sat down to make resolutions for the year and I have a feeling, if you’re anything like me, that it might be time to revisit and refocus. There’s so much excitement around the prospect of a new year and a fresh start, but now that we’re three months in, what are you doing to make those dreams a reality?
I’ve been really going through the process lately of determining long term life goals, what I want personally and professionally and thought it might be fun to share some motivational books with you! You can grab these at just about any bookstore (locally/online), but if you really can’t wait, I’ve linked them all to Amazon Prime so you can have them ASAP.
1. Creative Confidence by Tom + David Kelley; A resource for how to identify the principles and strategies that will allow us to tap into our creative potential in our work lives, and in our personal lives, and allow us to innovate in terms of how we approach and solve problems.
2. In The Company of Women by Grace Bonney; Over 100 exceptional and influential women describe how they embraced their creative spirit, overcame adversity, and sparked a global movement of entrepreneurship.
3. Joyful by Ingrid Fetell Lee; An insightful look into how changing the small things in your life will lead to larger overall happiness.
4. The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson; A non-sugarcoated self help guide that helps you cut the crap to get to what you really want.
5. You are a Badass by Jen Sincero; A how-to guide for how to identify and change the self-sabotaging beliefs and behaviors that stop you from getting what you want.
6. Pick Me Up: A Pep Talk for Now and Later by Adam J Kurtz; Breaking the rules of a traditional read, the author has designed this book so that you can pick up on any page and at anytime. Perfect for that little pick me up when you’re short on time.
7. Hello Color by Rachel Mae Smith; If you’re wanting to add color to your life, let this book be your guide. Obviously I’m biased on this one, but crafting completely changed my life years ago and I hope that these pages will inspire you as well. Plus each copy comes with free art!
8. Becoming by Michelle Obama; Michelle is obviously a queen, so while this book is technically a memoir and not a self help book, often times just reading about someone so amazing is all the motivation you really need!
9. Mind Your Business by Ilana Griffo; This workbook is perfect for anyone looking to get serious about their hobbies. The book is divided into rainbow order and has so many fun hand lettered quotes and worksheets throughout– the perfect first steps to take if you want to start making money from your passion!
10. Craft a Life You Love by Amy Tangerine; Part workbook, part memoir, this is just the book to grab if you need a shift in mindset. It’s interactive and in depth to help you develop the skills needed to keep your creativity flowing.