This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.
For my first wedding project, I wanted to start with something I knew we’d need, regardless if any other details change. Plus, what better way to kick things off than with a rainbow of colorful table numbers?! Here’s how I made them + a sneak peek at the colors we picked:
– Cricut Explore Air 2 Martha Stewart Edition
– Vinyl in variety of colors
– Transfer paper
– Acrylic stands
I recently picked up the Cricut Explore Air 2 Martha Stewart Edition to help with all the wedding projects and LOVE it. I was able to match the font we’re using for our wedding invites which is such a dream!
Start by cutting out ‘Table’ and your numbers with the Cricut. Again, I used the font that we’re using for our wedding invites (Bazar) and the numbers can be found in the Martha Stewart wedding cartridge.
It helps to coordinate all your numbers and assign them a color before beginning, that way you can cut all the numbers for the color at one time. It’s also important to take the time and align everything in Design Space so that you only have to do one transfer per number.
2. Remove any unwanted vinyl with the weeder.
3. Apply a piece of transfer paper to your design, go over it with a scraper and remove. Your design will be backwards at this time (and on the transfer paper).
4. Tape design to a flat surface and line up your acrylic before pressing it down on the design. Try your best not to apply your acrylic until you’ve got it lined up because the design will stick fairly easily.
5. Flip over and smooth out the surface with the scraper before removing the transfer paper.
6. Place acrylic in the stand and you’re all set! Repeat process with remaining colors and numbers.
Even if you aren’t going as bold for your wedding/party, I still encourage you to play around with color! Our plan right now is to have all the table cloths be the same color, but each table will have different colors on them (like the table numbers), for that unexpected twist!