Why spend a fortune on hair clips when you can make your own custom ones?! This is definitely a project that once you know how to do it, you won’t be able to stop. Plus how great would these be packaged on cute paper or in a box as a gift?! Here’s how to make these DIY Hair Clips in just a few simple steps:
If you plan on making a bunch of hair clips, I suggest that you buy a few sets of molds. This will help you be able to make larger batches at once. You don’t have to use glitter for your designs for this to work– you can customize your clips with whatever additives or colors that you want!
1. Mix your resin together according to the manufacturer instructions.
2. Add your glitter to your mixture cup. If you’re making several styles at once, it helps to divide your resin before adding any glitter. Be careful not to add too much glitter, otherwise your resin may not harden. Each clip really only needs a small amount of resin.
3. Pour resin/glitter mixture into your mold without overflowing. Allow at least 24 hours for the resin to harden.
5. Attach your metal clips to a piece of cardboard and apply a small coat of E-6000 glue to the top. Attach your resin piece and then allow to dry flat for another 24 hours.
6. When completely dry, remove from the cardboard and it’s ready to wear. That’s all it takes to make DIY hair clips!
They really are super easy to make and the customization possibilities are endless (would be great two-toned, or with dried flowers)! Let me know if you give this one a try– I can’t wait to hear how they turn out!