DIY Wedding Advice Box with Cricut + Martha Stewart
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.
When planning the guest list for our wedding, I’ve been told the same thing again and again from my married friends: chances are that you won’t get to talk to every person that attends. Rather than miss out on those conversations and try to remember all of them, that’s where this wedding advice box comes in! Give your guests an opportunity to leave you a note full of encouragement or advice for your journey ahead. Here’s how:
– Cricut Explore Air 2 Martha Stewart Edition
– Vinyl in variety of colors
– Transfer paper
– Wooden Box
– Acrylic Paint + Brush
I used the same vinyl as our DIY Table Numbers so that the colors would all match. This project is a great way to strengthen your color palette throughout the venue.
2. Once you’ve cut out your design with your Cricut Explore Air 2 Martha Stewart Edition, remove any unwanted vinyl with a weeder.
3. Cover design with a piece of transfer paper and go over the text with the scraper to ensure that it peels off easily.
4. Place the transfer paper with the font on your box lid (make sure the paint is dry!) and go over with the scraper again. Peel away the transfer paper and your design should be all set!
5. To kick your box up a notch, add some confetti pieces! To make these, I used 1″ circles in a variety of vinyl colors.
Our plan is to open all of the notes on our one year anniversary and I really can’t wait! Such a great way to relive a bit of sentiment from your wedding, don’t you think?! If you did something different for your wedding, I’d love to hear about it!