(image via Typography Served)
My favorite thing about the new year is how fresh and exciting everything seems. It sparks a time for reflection and self improvement, which let’s face it, we tend to ignore during the rest of the year. Here are a few of my goals for the year ahead:
1. Read more. My ultimate goal would be to read one book a month, but I have a feeling that it’s going to take more time than that to read War & Peace. Suggestions for must-reads are welcome!
2. Become a better blogger. I need to devote more time to my projects than I have over these last few weeks. With our move, getting sick, and the holidays, I’ve become complacent with average posts. It’s about time I step it up
3. Take a trip. It’s been a while since I’ve traveled just to travel and I miss it. It might take me all year to save, but Hawaii, here I come?
4. Get out of my comfort zone. I’m not entirely sure what the plan is for this yet, but in 2013, I want to shake things up a bit. Perhaps I’ll join an improv group or go skydiving or buy a different brand of cheese at the grocery store. Who knows!
5. Improve my handwriting. No question, my handwriting is terrible. A calligraphy class is definitely in order.
What are your goals for the year ahead?