Goals for 2016
Annnnnnd we’re back! Happy 2016 everyone! I hope you’ve all enjoyed the holidays and are feeling charged up and ready to tackle a new year. Personally, it was wonderful to take a break and step back from the internet a bit. 2015 was full of life changes for me, between ending a relationship and moving across the country on my own, that slowing down a bit was exactly what I needed to reset.
But now on to the fun stuff! Here are some goals I have for the upcoming year and a bit about what you can expect to see around here:
1. Get a Studio Space. This seems big to put out there in the open, but I’d love to move into a studio space this year. The blog is certainly growing so the extra space would be awesome, but above all, it would be so nice not to have to photograph tutorials outside, on the ground, in the winter (which is what I’ve been doing). I’d also love a to have a space here in Philly to host events and connect with other creatives and cultivate a community.
2. Hire. To keep up with growth, and to be able to make more and better original content than ever, I’ll be hiring for some part-time positions this year. I’ve been running this blog as a one woman show for years and it’s been hard to follow through with all the ideas I have in my head. This whole year is about taking everything to the next level while staying true to The Crafted Life’s brand. More details to follow about available positions!
3. Make my home a place I love. This is the first time I’ve lived on my own in a while, and I really want to make my new apartment my own. And to be perfectly honest, it’s a bit scary, but empowering, to have to pay for it all on my own with just the income I make from my own business. In my adult life, I have yet to get my home to a level where I’m satisfied with the decor, so I really want to get there, or at least close to it this year. What I can say for sure is that there will certainly be more easy and affordable home diys coming your way as I go through each room!
4. Build a wardrobe. If you’ve been following along for a while, you know that I hate pants and that I don’t own any. And if you’re new here, well, I hate pants! But now that I live on the east coast, where winter certainly is coming, I plan on stepping out of my comfort zone fashion wise. Ultimately I’d love to build a stylish wardrobe with quality pieces. Since fashion isn’t really a strong point for me, it’s going to take a bit of trial and error and a lot of time on Pinterest to figure it all out. If you’re interested in hearing my tips along the way, let me know!
5. Get tattooed. Because everyone needs a fun/easy goal! I haven’t been tattooed since getting my chest piece in 2009. I’ve got some fun ideas up my sleeve (::ba-dum ching::), and can’t wait to share them with you!
So that’s about it! I really tried to keep my list to five goals so that they don’t become overwhelming. Now it’s your turn! What are you working towards this year?