What better time for sharing new year’s goals than the third week of January. But what is time anymore anyway? By making myself write this blog post, it’s helping me really sit down and write everything out. If you didn’t write any goals for this year, that’s totally fine. The only we should all be striving for is to keep going; everything else is a bonus. Through all of the insanity and what feels like despair some days, the goal is to just simply make it through the year.
Even though it’s a rarity if I cross all the goals off of my list, something about the process makes me feel hopeful. So I decided for the first time in a while that I would make New Year’s resolutions. In no particular order, here are my goals for the year ahead and how you can expect to see me explore them through this blog:
1. Focus on everyday joys. I’m going to start wearing my favorite perfume, even if I’m just working at home. I’d like to use the nicer dishes we have, even if we’re just eating leftovers. The goal is to stop saving those things that bring me joy and to use them everyday.
2. Bed upgrade. What I really want most is to make our bed feel like we’re sleeping at a fancy hotel. I love our bed frame and the decor of our bedroom, so this really is just about focusing on those nice sheets, pillows, and how to get our duvet looking extra fluffy. Maybe I’ll share a post of the things I try, which ones are a hit, and which items you can save your money on instead.
3. Develop personal fashion style. After working from home for 8 years now, my day to day style has gotten very relaxed. Sweatpants are my daily staple. I want to explore ways to be comfortable yet polished for casual everyday wear. Who knows, maybe I’ll buy more pants? Stranger things have happened!
4. Get better with video. I’ve had a lot of fun making videos over the past year and I’d love to get better at it. Right now I’m shooting everything on my phone, but I’m going to explore new camera and editing software. If this is something you’d be interesting in learning as well– let me know and I’ll share my resources here! A similar business goal I have is to have enough followers on YouTube to be able to monetize (you can follow along here).
5. Save, save, save. This is a goal I make every year, but one that I feel like I’m finally starting to get ahold on. Ultimately we’d like to buy a house, but getting enough cash together for a down payment feels like it may never happen. I think this year we’re going to get serious about saving in hopes of being able to get something within the next 5 years. Are you into budgeting posts? Have any apps you love? Let me know!
I’d love to know what you’re working towards this year!