Happy 2014 everyone! Being sick over New Year’s left me with a bounty of unused confetti from last week’s project. Rather than just toss it around the apartment (like I really wanted to), I chose to be an excellent roommate and make a resolution time capsule instead!
Fill the bottom of your ornament with confetti. To make this step go faster, you can make a funnel by rolling up a piece of paper.
Write down your resolutions on strips of paper. For all you lofty goal makers, you can’t really fit more than 6 in the ornament, so double up if you need to.
Roll up your strips of paper, the tighter the better, then seal with a piece of tape.
Slip your resolutions into your ornament then cover with confetti. Put the top back on and place with the rest of your holiday decor until next year!
Here are the goals inside my time capsule:
1. Make More Smoothies; I may have discovered the perfect smoothie recipe a while back, but I’m looking to up my game this year. Ultimately, I’d like to replace my traditional breakfast with a smoothie.. that is of course except for the occasional Sunday brunch.
2. Rebrand; this one is HUGE for me. More so than ever I feel that I’ve outgrown the name and design of this blog (luckily talented people like Jordan Brantley exist and can help me with this!). Don’t worry, I will still be crafting on a regular basis, and heck, I might even be posting more :)
3. Send More Mail; I have a friend who totally kicks my ass at being a long distance friend. I’m hoping to up my mail and email game this year, and be a little more thoughtful.
4. Learn to Cook; Let’s not go crazy here, I have no desire to be a chef. It would be nice to learn to cook a few dishes from scratch that are delicious and mind blowing. Is that so much to ask? PS Feel free to leave any trusted recipes below!
5. Start a Business; Bold? Yes. Impossible? Never! Details to come in the upcoming months.
What are your goals for the year?