After months and months from keeping this secret from you, today is the day where I can finally tell you the news. Guys… I WROTE A FREAKIN’ BOOK! Seriously, what a surreal statement. Little did I know that when I started this blog as a hobby years ago that eventually it would lead to me being a published author. I 100000% could not have gotten to this point without you and I’m beyond thankful that you’ve continued reading my blog over the years. But enough of the sentiments, here’s the inside scoop about the book! Continue reading…
Last year I did a roundup on awesome books under $25 bucks and since y’all loved it so much, I thought I would do a part II! Seriously, 2016 sucked for a lot of reasons, but new books was not one of them. Not only do these fabulous books make a great addition to your own coffee table collection, but they also make the perfect gift! Here are ten of my favorite recent releases:
7. Nasty Galaxy
Let me tell you, I think 2015 was the year of the book. Did anybody else notice that? So many wonderful new reads hit the shelves over the year, at one point I just had to walk away from my Amazon shopping cart because otherwise I would be flat broke.
If you are looking to give someone a gorgeous read, or simply spruce up your coffee table, look no further than these ten books. And for an added bonus, they’re all under $25!
1. Stamp Stencil Paint by Anna Joyce
2. Food Gift Love by Maggie Battista
3. Sage Living by Anne Sage
4. The Upcycled T-Shirt by Jenelle Montilone
5. 60 Ways to Create and Give Joy by Oh Joy
6. Appetizers by Martha Stewart
7. Materially Crafted by Victoria Hudgins
8. Entertaining by Camille Styles
9. The New Bohemians by Justina Blakeney
10. Styled by Emily Henderson
When I look back at the books I’ve read recently, they all seem to have been written by some completely kickass women. Insert celebration emojis here. It’s really a trend that I hope never ends, and for good reasons too. If you’re experiencing burnout or frustration with your career and are in need of inspiration, or just want an empowering read filled with laughs, I recommend picking up anyone of the following:
1. Lizz Free or Die by Lizz Winstead
2. #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso
3. Why is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling
4. Yes Please by Amy Poehler
5. Bossypants by Tiny Fey
6. Not That Kind of Girl by Lena Dunham*
Have you read any of the above? Any that I should add to the list, or my must-read list overall? Speaking of which, don’t forget to enter my Instagram giveaway!