(image/print by Wit & Whistle)
This week was full of personal highs and lows, and as per usual, of really amazing projects in my Pinterest feed. Time and time again I’m blown away by the creativity of others and how endless inspiration is at our disposal everyday. But with that also comes comparison and the deep desire to do better. But what do you do when you’re in a creative rut?
It may not come across this way in my posts, but I go through creative ruts quite a bit. In fact, I’m even in one now (yahoo!). The only thing that I’ve found to help is to take a step away from the computer and make something. Whatever it is, even if it sucks, making something with my hands always helps me clear my mind. It helps me start at a place where I feel completely lost and disconnected from what I love and end up (hopefully) in a semi-decent place. It doesn’t happen overnight or after one project, but eventually I’m able to get back into the swing of things and make things I’m actually happy with.
I’d love to hear about your creative process! What do you do to get out of a funk? If all else fails, what’s your go-to cocktail?
On a lighter note, here are a few links to keep you inspired (and hopefully rut free) over the long weekend:
– If you don’t have coasters in your home, or even if you do, you need to make these pronto!
– Resin has been on my must-try list for a while now. After seeing this project, I’m 100% sold.
– Get in my ears, adorable diy earrings.
– Anyone have any spare beakers? I need to make these candles asap.
– You can really do some amazing things with clay.