There’s a lot of reasons to love dye projects. They’re transformational, affordable, and above all, colorful! A little bit of dye really does go a long way. It’s the perfect DIY to try if you’re wanting to make your space a bit more vibrant without breaking the bank. Here are eight dye projects to add color to your home!
1. Yes you can dye a lampshade! See how I got this ombre look with this DIY Dyed Lampshade tutorial.
2. Dyed placemats are a great way to add color to a neutral table. An added bonus– if they get stained from food, you can just re-dye them for a refresh.
3. Speaking of tablescapes! Just like placemats, dyed napkins are another great way to make your table pop. These dip dyed napkins can be found in my book Hello Color!
4. If you can’t spring for the colorful sofa, but still want some color in your living room, start with Dyed Pillows. These really helped my navy sofa have a completely different feel.
5. And if you’re looking to add pattern with your dye, try this pink shibori dyed pillow! The pink is such a much needed bright spot amidst the grey and brown neutrals.
6. My easy guide for How to Dye Sheets. This project is especially great if you have no interest in making your bed.
7. Upgrade your storage with this Dyed Basket. Because who said organization had to be boring?
8. Did you know you could dye wood?! It’s a great way to add color without painting or losing any of the wood grain. Try making these Dyed Pictured Frames to make your neutral art pop.
Grab yourself some dye and get crafting today!