If you’re like everyone else on Instagram that’s making bread, chances are that you’re spending a lot of time in the kitchen over the quarantine. And we are too! We’ve been obsessed with Bon Appétit’s Test Kitchen Youtube videos (highly recommended if you need some food inspiration), and are trying a few new dishes every now and then. After spending a lot more time in the space I’m reminded that the kitchen is just as important as any other room in your home and deserves a bit of color too!
Now a few of the posts below are full makeover projects. They’re absolutely beautiful, but I know not always easy to replicate. It’s nice to daydream though, right? The good news is that there are a few quick things you can do to your kitchen right now, even in quarantine, to add a bit of color:
1. Get a rug. I wasn’t sold on the idea of having a rug where we cook at first either, but we gave in and I wouldn’t go back. It brings so much life to the space. Just make sure it’s a durable rug that could take a spill or two if need be.
2. Removable Wallpaper. A great way to add a little color as backsplash, or redo your cabinets, or add a fun accent wall. Also be sure to check out how I used it to wallpaper our fridge!
3. Peel and stick tile. An easy way to give your kitchen a polished and updated look without having to pay for an entire renovation.
4. Accessories. Maybe pick up a super colorful bowl for your fruit. Or layer some art pieces behind appliances. Have open shelving– get some bright plates or statement pieces to display. Colorful tea towels are always in style too!
5. Hardware swap. A small detail, but one that can change the look of your cabinets. You can also replace them with the old hardware when you move.
Hopefully those ideas help; I’m always happy to answer any follow up questions you may have. Now on to the colorful kitchen inspiration–
Kitchen Redo by Elana Loo
Yellow Kitchen by Hatch Works
California Kitchen Makeover by Studio DIY
Retro Glam Kitchen by PMQ for Two
Monochromatic Blue by Colour + Shape
Home Tour by Sophie Loghman
Guest House Reveal by Old Brand New
Tangerine Kitchen by Autumn Hachey
Floral Wallpaper via Domino
Home Tour by Jessica Brigham