Annnnnnnd I’m back! Slowly but surely this holiday hangover is wearing off and I’m getting really excited for all that’s to come this year. 2017 was a doozy my friends, and I am so thankful that you all stuck with me while I took some time to write my book. Speaking of the book, HOLY CRAP! IT COMES OUT THIS YEAR! Less than five months to go, so don’t forget to vote where I should go on my tour because I’d love to meet you. And now for something fun– a quick reflection of how I did on last year’s goals + a look into what’s to come for this blog!
1. Travel Abroad. I didn’t get outside the country except for my trip to Bermuda! Hoping I can plan something for this year.
2. Be Smarter with Money. Oh sweet innocent me making this goal. To be honest, I underestimated the amount of time I needed to take off to write the book, which did set me back with my goals; however, I did make a savings plan and I know exactly what areas I need to watch (hello Grubhub allowance). If you’re also looking to get your finances in order, this radio show helped get me motivated!
[One of the top DIYS from last year!]
3. Start dating. Guys I don’t know how this happened, but one minute my friends convinced me to write a dating column, and the next I met the love of my life. I didn’t think it would ever be possible, but shoutout to my bff Tinder for making it happen.
4. Bring my A-Game. In some ways, I think I did this. I wrote + photographed + styled a book. It was months of working 16 hour days, everyday. But the blog really did take a backseat because of it and I ended up feeling burnt out as a result. After this holiday break I am feeling refreshed and recharged and ready to do this again!
[A look inside my studio!]
I made a fair amount of goals for my 30th birthday which wasn’t that long ago, so I’ll keep these blog/business focused so you know what to expect:
1. Redesign. It’s been years since I’ve since this site a refresh, so this is long overdue. It’s going to be more mobile friendly, colorful, and hella cute. Soon, soon, soon!
2. Magazine-styled content. I want this blog to become more polished and professional. Don’t get me wrong, I’m still going to write everything from my perspective, but every month is going to have a specific theme and a focus. There will be reoccurring columns that expand outside of DIY (think books, color palettes, home decor, etc), but that doesn’t mean that I’m leaving crafting behind whatsoever. I really hope to do so much more with this new focus and I hope it’ll have you coming back on a regular basis to check in. I’m even considering bundling the content at the end of each month in a PDF styled magazine. Much more to come on this one. If there’s something you’re dying to learn, let me know!
3. Get in front of the camera. More videos, more Instastories, who knows, maybe a Facebook or Instagram live? Let’s hang out!
4. More behind the scenes. I want to show you what really goes on. Remove that layer of sugar coating and perfection and give you a peek behind the curtain. I’m going to do my best to let you know what the business and my life really looks like outside of curated + styled imagery.
What are you working towards this year? Anything big or are you taking it easy?