Goals for 2017
WE’RE BACK! I’m sure this post would have made more sense last week, but I came down with a bit of a cold and decided to rest for a change. Starting off 2017 strong, I tell ya. Before getting into what I have planned for the year ahead, I let’s take a look back and see how I did last year:
1. Get a Studio Space + Hire. Well, the move from Portland to Philly set me back a little further than I anticipated so this just did not happen. I was, however, able to bring on more contract workers last year which was rad! And a bit of fun news– I’m looking at a studio Wednesday, so keep those fingers crossed!
2. Make my home a place I love. I can certainly say that I took big steps to get there. You may remember my living room makeover and my bedroom/office tour. There’s still a lot I want to change, mainly to get rid of those beige walls, but I’m okay with taking smaller steps, making sure to love each decision I make
3. Build a wardrobe. This one just did not happen. I tried as hard as possible to put any extra money back into my business and I feel good about that decision. One of these days I’ll be an adult and own a pair of jeans. Maybe.
Now, for 2017–
1. Travel Abroad. It’s been far too long since I’ve been outside of the U.S. I’m ready to get back out there and explore some place new. Right now I’m thinking Italy, Greece or Cuba, but I’m taking any and all recommendations for where to go!
2. Be Smarter with Money. Don’t get me wrong, I am on top of my finances. I’d just like to be smarter about where my money is going (aka fewer Grubhub orders) and possibly start saving for retirement or owning a home (OMG did I just really say that?!).
3. Start dating. After ending my relationship of 6 years, I wanted to take a year to be single to figure out what is I want in life. I think I have that figured out and I’m excited to start meeting people who might share a similar vision.
4. Bring my A-Game. At the end of last year, I started getting burnt out on the internet and I feel like y’all did too. Thanks election and 2016 for being a bummer in general. After the break I am feeling refreshed creatively and am ready to put my head down and bring some kickass content your way.
PS What goals did you set for yourself? How’d you do for last year?