Since my hands are essentially in 97% of the photos on this blog, I thought I’d treat my nails to a summer manicure. This is actually my first attempt with at-home nail art, so dont worry about needing any special skills to pull this look off. Here’s how I did it:
I used washi tape and scissors to make my guides, but you could spend two bucks on french tip guides to make this project a whole lot easier for you. You’ll also need:
– pinkish/red, green and black polish
– top coat
– dotting pen tool or mini brush
2. Once dry, tape off the tips.
3. Paint tips with green polish, peel tape, and let dry.
4. With your dotting tool, draw on seeds with the black polish. I found it helped to pour a bit of the polish out on (a piece of cardboard/scrap paper, etc). You may also want to practice making a seed shape before putting on your nail. You could also probably get away with polka dots if you really don’t trust your freehand.
5. Apply top coat, let dry, and you’re all set for summer BBQs!